iModel: Act of Goodwill
Do It For A Good Cause.
TEARS CHILDREN & YOUTH AID
Iceland to Kenya
Organized and hosted by Kærleiksverk/LovingAct.
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment The Fashion Show showcasing traditional and cultural dress from Africa, Japan, Philippines, India, Malaysia by iMODELS Iceland Sensation Models Group. Icelandic, Asian and Mixed-race models.
- Refugees Empowerment: Invitation to Refugees Free Admission. Share insight into Iceland's culture and at the same time bring them back to their homeland's traditions and culture memory lane. It was a pleasant, enjoyable event to socialize and exchange ideas and discussions with the locals. This is part of the Kærleikserk /Loving Act Refugees Workshop Project with Culture House Iceland Founder Christien Kristjansson.
- Youth Empowerment Initiative through Art and Music. Performers were Icelandic, Asian and African youth male aspiring artists.
- Charity Causes and Human Rights Awareness. Introduction to two foundations from Iceland. To promote charitable causes and human rights.
- Social "We" Awareness. Free entrance for refugees, the elderly, and children. A recreational area is open for all during the event in Húsið 88.
Venue sponsored by Keflavík Social Worker Association. They also sponsored and supported our Refugees Workshop Program.
Being Available to help is great - all round. And so is connecting with others. They are both real happiness boosters. So if you've got an idea or a knack for organising, why not make something happen for a good cause and get a real double whammy for happiness!
The "iModel Youth" Program has the power and potential to renew individuals, organizations and society."
This iModel Youth Multicultural Fashion Show features a fashion show, skits, and performances.
The event promotes a deeper understanding of different countries and the roots and histories of different cultures. Together, the art and the exploration and teaching of these forms, help in the development of self and community awareness.